Sunday, May 24, 2015

Book review purpose

Hi. My name is Jenny Falcone.  I'm 29, married and have 2 kids. I have a BA in English Writing Secondary Education.  About 7 years ago I became a born-again Christian. I started to analyze the books I was reading and movies I was watching. I altered many things like this upon God's conviction. When looking for books to read I check the back cover for mentions of faith and the inside dedication page that usually tells you which version of the bible any scripture verses were taken from.

Sometimes when looking at ebooks on Amazon and other sites they will label books as "Christian" that are clearly not. I tried a book with one such label from Amazon that clearly was NOT Christian. Before picking a book I always look at the reviews and everyone had said that it was a great book. After this I started thinking about these people that write these reviews and realized that I could do my part and tell everyone what I think.

A Christian friend of mine has two kids in a New York public high school and told me that she reads all the assigned books first and her kids skip anything she does not want the reading. As Christians we have to be mindful not to infiltrate our kids minds with the wrong stuff. We need to teach our children from a very young age what is good and what is evil so that they can pin point it when they grow up.

I am part of the Read it and Reap reviewers on Goodreads.com and now do my part. I also post my reviews on Amazon. I read fantasy, science fiction, romance, suspense, historical and more. I love when the main character falls in love at the end after whatever struggles occurred along the way. Whether Christian or not I bring my Christian-view into my reviews and advise other parents/readers about sexual content as well as writing style, flow and readability.

No comments:

Post a Comment