Wednesday, July 15, 2015

31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom by Arlene Pellicane (Review)



"Do you know what you call those who use towels and never wash them, eat meals and never do the dishes, sit in rooms and never clean them and are entertained til they drop? If you just answered, "A house guest," you're wrong because I just described my kids." - Erma Bumbeck

Many of you will recognize the verse from Psalm 121:1-2 I lift up my eyes to the mountains - where does my help come from? My hhelp comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Arlene reminds us on Day 15 that when we have problems we need to turn to the Lord and not to google, as the verse does not say I lift up my eyes to my smartphone - where does my help come from? My help come from Google, the holder of all information.

This book has scripture verses each day for 31 days with advice on how to make your life a bit easier while raising your children and also how to incorporate God into your everyday lives. Arlene Pellicane has advice for single and married moms with children of all ages.

This is a well written book with proven advice that you can tell Arlene Pellicane has actually done herself to make life easier. She quotes other mothers as examples of what she is discussing each day. This book is well written and flows nicely from one day to the next. You can either read this book one day at a time like a devotional or you can keep reading like a regular book.

I highly recommend this book. 5 out of 5 stars.




From the back of the book:
Mom, do you feel like you're running in ten different directions but getting nowhere? Are your kids driving you crazy? Does each day feel like a battle over screen time, homework, and eating anything besides chicken nuggets?
In 31 Days to Becoming a Happy Mom, Arlene Pellicane helps you get a grip and find your smile again. In her easy-to-read-and-apply guide, you will discover the keys to being a happy mom. Packed with encouragement, funny stories, and wisdom from experienced mothers, this book will change your home for the better...beginning with you.
As with Arlene's other extremely popular "31 Days" books, this one is divided into 31 daily readings, each beginning with a Scripture passage and ending with a doable action step and prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment