Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Justified by Varina Denman (Review)



"Children are a gift from the Lord," I whispered it into the warm air, reminding myself that even though I hadn't followed the proper time line; even though I had disgraced my family, my church, and my community; even though this baby has turned my life upside down... my little man was a gift.

Fawn gets pregnant by her boyfriend, Tyler, who turns out to be obsessive,  abusive, possessive and psychotic.  JohnScott is the son of the people who took Fawn in after her parents kicked her out. JohnScott's parents ask him to keep an eye on Fawn after she decides she has to be independent and moves into an isolated trailor on the Caprock. Not only does Fawn deal with snakes, JohnScott helps her learn to trust in God and find her self-worth.

This book is written in the first person from Fawn's perspective but also the third person from Tyler's perspective and JohnScott's perspective. Our author writes to keep your attention and makes you not want to put the book down.

This is a wonderful novel about a 21 year old girl who makes a mistake and her journey toward God and a loving Christian man. I absolutely loved this book. It sucked you in and you felt her emotions the whole way. 5 out of 5 stars. 



From the back cover:
In a small Texas town ruled by gossip, Fawn Blaylock believes others are justified in condemning her untimely pregnancy. Stifled by guilt, she yearns for grace while the local football coach treats her with gentle respect.

Justified perfectly captures the rhythm and romance of life in a small town, telling the unforgettable story of a woman searching for renewal, a man looking beyond what others see, and a community torn between judgment and love. It is the unforgettable story of broken dreams, second chances, and relentless hope

No comments:

Post a Comment